Aug 4, 2009

The Big Apple

NEW YORK CITY
0 °C - 9 °C

"Ahhh….New York City!", most may exclaim as they step on the soil of the huge metropolitan for the very first time.

However, nothing really amazed me, just yet.

It’s the third day I’m in the big city, which is full of branded boutiques (ranging from Levi’s to Coach), delis, authentic hotdog mobile stalls and beautiful people clad in beautiful winter clothings (despite it being spring season now).

It’s the third day I’m in this big city & that’s also how long Onn’s been sick. Poor him.

The wind chilled my tiny bones as I walked out from Newark airport at around 8sth pm last Saturday. It was 6 °C.   According to Daphne (Onn’s sis-in-law), it was warm last week & the weather got colder this week (which is not supposed to be) and what surprised me most when I was watching the news on TV was, it snowed heavily in Texas!

I mean, everybody knows that Texas is hot all year round. The weather has changed horribly. It signifies the coming of Armageddon.

The question is, are we ready to face it? What can we do to delay the process? Think and act now!

Ok, we (including Alex & Daphne) got up early on Sunday to have a shopping spree at Woodbury outlet (where you can find really good bargains on branded goods like Coach, AX, Guess, Kenneth Cole, Seiko, and so many other brands).

Ooo La La~ Before our spree, we fueled up at Ihop (where they serve authentic American food - hotdog, bacon, crepe, chips, omelette, etc.)…drooling yea? ~ Yummy.

However, I didn’t manage to finish my food as the portion was huge! We had to wait to be seated as the restaurant was overcrowded but, we needn’t have to wait too long tho’.

The very thing I love about America is their extremely good services & not to mention - their politeness. It makes me think now — why do foreigners think that M’sians are friendly, warm & polite?
Hmmm…hmmm…Easy answer!

It’s because M’sians regard foreigners as GOD or more superior. We really look up to them aye? Sure, they’re tall, fair, what else…? Hmm…Nothing superior.

We reached Woodbury at noon (that was the time they open on Easter Day) & completed our bargain hunting at 4.30pm.

Well, doubtlessly, I bought lots of stuff (I think I saw tears in Onn’s eyes) as he carried more and more shopping bags. Haha…kiddin’!

We had to endure the chilly wind as we got into one outlet to another.

Okay, that’s all for now…Shower time.

Onn booked tickets for the "Bodies Museum" at 11.45am today.
And, it’s now almost 9am.

"Bodies Museum", which I watched on the TV in M’sia, is a museum that exhibit complete, real human bodies attached with veins, bones and inner organs.

Yea, the first time I saw it on TV, it really grossed me out. How would it be like to have a first hand experience? Errmm…I’ll tell you about it…

TO be cont’…

(This was posted on my Friendster in 2007....and I haven't
got to finish it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails