Mar 23, 2010

Narita & Me

Nov 13, 2009


This is a story about my 8-hour romance with Narita Airport.

Yes, Narita is in Japan. I was there (with fiance) for a transit and it was a LONG 8 hours.

We ate. We shopped. We snored. We explored.

The airport is very spacious and has a minimalist design. Very pleasant and cultural.



Things I like about Narita Airport


#1 Its RestRoom

Besides having spic-and-span (clean and neat) washrooms, Narita Airport comes with state-of-the-art WCs!


Mmm, you must be wondering....what's so special about it? Oh, you have no idea!

Let me give you a closer look.


See all the coloured buttons? Yea? Able to identify the symbols?

I was staring, long and hard, at the buttons while I was on the toilet seat. 

You can have soothing, Japanese tunes while you're answering nature's call? Wow.

Hey, so if there's volume control, the music can actually cover the sounds you'd be making in the washroom! Double wow!



You have no idea how long I spent in the restroom, admiring and snapping photos. I just loved it!

There's an indicator on the door, a baby seat and lots of supplies! Oooo, how well thought of!



#2 Its Dispensers

I apologise if I behave like someone who's seen too little. But, there were ice-cream dispensers!!!

Ahem. Well, it's nothing, really. Who cares? We have Coca Cola dispensers here in Malaysia.

Ok, who am I kidding? I was THRILLED to see the ice-cream dispensers at Narita Airport!


I was drooling,  just by looking at the images displaying on the screen. How tempting...ahhh....Haagen Dazs...



#3 Its Strange, but Funny Ad


You don't have to understand a word to find this absolutely amusing!

Look! It's a fish. No, it's a man. NO, it's....FISH-man! I know, it's lame.

The ad's Off the wall.



#4 Its Cultural display

I don't know if we can find something like this at LCCT or KLIA.
I guess not,  since I didn't notice any.


Paintings


You can find an aisle full of paintings and short descriptions. The paintings are absurdly beautiful.


 

Contemporary art

Narita Airport goes fusion. The showcasing of glass panels splashed with paints reflect contemporary art.



Origami on display


Just crazy. Just how did these Japanese fold the papers into a golden dragon?



#5 Shower Room



I cannot say how glad I was to see this.

I can't imagine how I would've survived the gruelling  (exaggeration is intended here) 8 hours without a 2-hour break in one of the rooms here.

Let me show you the room.


I'll tell you what you can get with 1600Yen/ first hour.


1. 2 clean, comfortable single beds with soft pillows
2. Towels
3. Hair dryer
4. Supply of body lotion and basic toiletries
5. Shoes
6. 2 hangers
7. And a wake-up call!



There! I've listed 5 Things I like about Narita Airport.

Bon Voyage.

(Note: All texts and photos are copyright reserved - Z)

2 comments:

  1. the transit was pretty fun, right? fascinating discovery at narita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Transit was exhausting, but worthwhile!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails