Mar 18, 2010

Things that annoy me @ the movies

You do watch films at cinemas, right?

Well, I definitely do. What else can I do in KL (Kuala Lumpur)? (besides shopping, food hunting and getting a new haircut)

OK, OK, let's get to the point!

Now, like others, there are things I can withstand and things that I can't tolerate in life.
Hey, I'm not perfect! (there, I said it)

I wasn't easily annoyed, not until recently, for some reasons which I can't even explain. Hormonal imbalance, maybe?

Ok, here goes....


Things that annoy me at the movies


1, People who talk or text on their mobiles


Some people just don't find it a problem talking on their phones or texting while the movie is on.

There's a reason why we're required to switch our mobiles to silent mode in the cinema, no?

Let me tell you a related, non-fictional story:

An Indian girl sat in front of me,  with a bunch of her friends,  in the cinema one day.
Despite the fact that she and her friends were the most noise-making bunch in the cinema,  I cared less.
But when her phone rang TWICE,  I was REALLY annoyed.  Pissed off.
Her phone didn't only ring TWO times,  she was playing with her phone almost throughout the movie!
Her phone's bright screen almost blinded me.

ARGHH! GRRR!


2. People who forget to switch off their mobiles

It's simply mind-boggling as to how movie patrons can forget the most basic thing to do when they enter the cinema  BECAUSE   I've never once failed to switch off my mobile once I'm in the cinema.

It's purely automatic.

The moment my butt kiss the surface of my seat,  I would take out my phone and switch it to silent mode. Next,  I would remind my fiance to do the same.

Maybe I just hate attention.


3. People yelling

To be more specific, it's talking out loud.

So far (touch wood),  I've only met a guy who's done this in the cinema.

No, I've got no idea who he is. (but my guess,  he's a guy who's not reached puberty,  hence the attitude)

This young chap or fella, who was hugging his popcorn box, came with his guy friends and 2 chic girls.
The level of his ego must have had gone high when his pretty friend sat next to him. 
He started talking when he took a seat a row in front of me.
Throughout the movie, he would go,  "Ah!" "Look at...!"  and a lot more comments.
All I could hear were his annoying voice.
One guy saved the day by "shushh-ing" him.

GOD bless him!


4. People who can't sit still

This is not a rare phenomenon. No,  trust me.

We're not westerners, so the legs shouldn't be TOO long until they keep knocking on the seat in front.

But much too often, there are way too many people who have the "I don't care" attitude. I just do whatever I like.

What I would usually do when faced with this problem is turn my head around, indicating my frustration towards that fella's non-stop motion.

If it doesn't work, well, try turning your body around, putting on a glaring look (eyes must open wide, wide) and speak, "DO YOU MIND?"

Hopefully he gets the message.

I should be doing the latter next time. (when I've got the balls)


5. People coming in late

Late for the movies is OK, as long as you don't block my view!

I was watching a movie just recently.

The starting was exciting and I was glued to my seat,  when this group of people stood in front and totally blocked the screen! They blocked my view!!

I tried peeking on the left, then right. I wasn't able to see what's going on in the movie!
That left me in frustration, really, for a minute there. 

Just because they came in late and had no idea where the seating were. So they had to find and stand and find again. OOoooh, these people had to get on my nerves!


6. No movies?

I find it comical.

It was the first time I went to the movies at Capsquare.

I was alone at that time and was pretty glad it wasn't crowded. Just a handful of us.

15 minutes passed. 20 minutes passed. There was nothing on the black screen.

Something's not right. I went out to find a staff I could talk to, but no one to be found on the first floor, where I was.

Without given any choice, I went to the lobby and grabbed someone to ask.

To much of my surprise, they had totally forgotten about the screening! When me and few others were stupidly waiting in the hall and nobody even realised we were there.

If I didn't ask, we could easily be sitting there for ONE hour before they realise!

9 comments:

  1. no movies is funny. how can they forget?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny rite? How they forgot will remain a mystery...only God (and the staff) knows what truly happened. Someone must've had fallen asleep that day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing I totally hate is that people narrating throughout the movie. Not to mention that they ask endless "Why like that ah?" questions. OMG, can you please shut the hell up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! How could I forget!? But god bless us, that rarely happens...

    ReplyDelete
  6. no movies was absolutely ridiculous.
    how can they forgot the movie after all...?
    hehe.. bummer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the last one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, thx for the comments ppl! Do con't to support my blog ya!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right.....
    people talking loudly pisses me off!
    no movie is too rare too happen...
    lucky you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails