Jun 6, 2010

No Internet for a Day?

"Can you live one day without the Internet?" asked Onn, one fine day.

What!? I responded in my mind.

It had never once occurred to me that I'd be asked such a question, in particular.

I felt so bare, so exposed, so nude when he posted me that question.

Of course I didn't want to look like an Internet fanatic.

But, but...I have to blog, check my email, facebook, MSN...

What would I do without the Internet for one whole day? still struggling for the right answer.

Maybe picking up book reading habit, finally?

Since I haven't read 80% of the books I've bought.

Becoming a couch potato for a day?

Since I have Astro with the subscribed channels (but not all channels, only educational and cartoon programmes) all to myself.

Really? TV programmes?

I can only survive up to 3 hours of watching TV, Max, before I get bored. *Yawn*

Don't blame me. You know how the programmes suck sometimes, or most of the times.

Only "24" TV series can get me hooked to TV screen and get me all addicted.

"No Internet for a Day" reminds me of the times when Internet connection was down or TM was having technical problems when I was working.

"Hallelujah!" everyone would shout in their hearts.

But, they would usually say, "Awwww, the Internet's down," pretending that they cared.

No Internet, means no work!

Yes, that's how employees would respond.

But think about it: There are other means to accomplish every task, every assignment without ever having to use the Internet.

Use the brain. Use existing materials. Read up. Do the filings. Anything.

"No Internet, No works" really reflects how dependent we are on the Internet and it's sad, like everyone's got no life.

"Life without the Internet (or Facebook in particular) is no Life", is the message.

C'mon, people! Get a Life.

So, after a minute of thinking it through and thoroughly, I said,"Yes, I can live one day without the Internet."

After all, it's just one day.

And, I still have Streamyx at home.

You can have the Broadband, Onn.:)

2 comments:

  1. i didn't know you were told so harshly on not to take any picture?
    well, that's just sad reading this....proves my theory that we Malaysians still is not polite to others although we always claim we are in main stream media......

    ReplyDelete
  2. U've commented on the wrong post..Haha.
    I tot we've transformed over the years, but...I guess not. 'Boo' to the education system in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails