Apr 3, 2011

Mine's a Princess









It's official. It's a girl.

"There's nothing in between the legs," said the OB (short for obstetrician) last Saturday. "No male thing."

I had a laugh in my heart. Why couldn't he just say, 'there's no penis?'

Conservative still, I think. Or could it be too tiny to be called a penis?

I don't know.

So I'm having a baby girl in August.

I remember having this conversation with my husband, sometime last year, pointing out that most of our friends had baby girls.

The statistic was, 5 out of 6.

It was like a pandemic.

In the corner of my mind, I thought it's time a boy comes into the picture, and that I would be the one who beat the odds.

Turns out, Nope. I'm in THE statistic as well.

Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely OK with any gender.

A girl. It should be fun. It's like dressing up a Barbie doll, you know.

I get to dress her up in different style everyday; short skirts with leggings, blouse with short pants, mini dress with a matching headband and so on...whoa, I can go on for days just thinking of the many fashion for my baby girl.

First child, a daughter is good. A girl always takes care of her siblings and is so loving and caring.

Oh, and fathers just have that special bond with their daughters, just like mothers with their sons.

So, it's a good thing.

As aforementioned, I went to see my OB just last Saturday, again, a week earlier than the appointment set last month.

When the nurse asked why we were early, we told her, "Oh, we're busy next week."

That was a lie. The truth was, I couldn't wait for another week to see my baby on the screen.

It's become an addiction.

I wanted to know if my baby's doing fine inside the uterus and if she's comfortable.

The gender of the foetus was supposed to be revealed to me and my husband last month, but my baby was all curled up, hugging itself, probably sleeping.

So there was no way for my OB to get a clear picture of the foetus.

Last week, we couldn't get a clear shot of her either.

She was so restless and vigorous. Both her legs were stretched out, long and straight, and in another milisecond, she was in a crawling position, with her hips up.

There was never a moment where she was still in one position.

But, it was a sign of good health.

Her heart, to my amazement, was pumping so fast and hard, at more than 150beats per second!

It was something new to me.

It was very exciting.

I guess the thing that gets me up early in the morning (which I usually don't) on each doctor appointment was the thought of seeing the growing baby inside me. Each time is just different; so many changes in only a month.

I get tickled once in a while everyday because she's moving alot!

It feels out of this world.

And I can say, I'm loving it!



- 20 weeks + into pregnancy -


Source:
Images from Google

5 comments:

  1. as mentioned to you, i love to read about your pregnancy! your girl = mini Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh EAN, thanks for saying that. It shows that you care. Haha. Mini Z. The baby's not only mine. So can't be called Mini Z. Haha.

    Getting pregnant is getting me into the lazy mode. *sad* Just feel like getting pampered all the time. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! no worry with the laziness. You will get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats dear :)
    its an amazing experience isnt it.... glad ur enjoying every moment of it...

    -melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Thx K2 and lovely Mel! I think every woman shud get pregnant.

    I initially planned not to have a bb due to labour pain, especially. Now, I can't wait to get her out and hold her in my arms...:D

    oh, and I'm getting pampered and showered with alot of attention...Haha...I'm enjoyin' every moment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails