May 30, 2010

SYDNEY - Take 1


Australia, Sydney Review 


 


By z_l3nG


Temperature
15 - 26 degree celcius


I was in Sydney for 4 nights,  from 20-24th April,  2010.

I would be lying if I say Sydney isn't a beautiful city,  the weather was so fine I wouldn't want to come home. Imagine,  walking for one hour without breaking a sweat!

 


 (Top: Darling Harbour bridge in Sydney standing proud under the bright, clear sky)





I was surprised that my brief stay in Sydney was completely dry,  not a single raindrop,  as opposed to the information I got online saying that the weather is unpredictable and it's advisable to bring weather gear such as umbrella and raincoat.

My fiance's uncle said we were lucky with the weather.

I bet we were, since we all agreed that the weather was 'just nice'.
Humidity at its lowest level.

However,  I didn't like the wind that was trying to blow my hair off and making me look like a Mad lady. Other than that, it was fine.


Chinatown Mostly

We did mostly sightseeing in Sydney,  as tourists do,  as we didn't have much time exploring every single corner of the city.



 (Top: Charming Sydney view at Circular Quay)






I like the cleanliness of the streets in Sydney,  except those in Chinatown.
Dirty is always the adjective to describe every Chinatown I've been to.

Despite that reality,  people in Chinatown Do Not represent the whole Chinese community in general.

Talking about Chinese,  yes,  I discovered that Sydney is just full of them, and Koreans too.  But then and again,  maybe because we were staying near Chinatown,  which is just a few streets away.


On Top of the World

Four nights were spent in one of the amazing units at the World Tower in Sydney,  which cost AUS 255 per night.  Yes, it's rather costly but worth every penny.


It's a spacious 2-bedroom apartment,  equipped with sofas,  flat panel TV,  toaster,  oven,  cutleries and so on.  They even provide food containers for you to store leftovers.

The best part of this unit is...its viewing deck (enclosed balcony) that allows you to have a bird's eye view of Sydney.

A rattan table and 2 chairs are provided for you (and your partner) to sit and enjoy the panoramic view of the city.

It's definitely the vantage point to see the city,  apart from Sydney Tower.


(Top: Smog covering the horizon in the morning, creating a mystical atmosphere. Picture taken from our room.)

(Right: Colourful lights lit up the dark sky, bringing Sydney to life. Picture taken from viewing balcony)





On the first morning in Sydney,  when I was still sleeping soundly,  my fiance woke me up from my dreams, and said,  "You've got to see this."

In the corner of my mind,  I was thinking,  "What's the big deal that you need to wake me up like this?"

But,  I got up and looked out of the window and...was stunned by the sight. It was phenomenal.

"Wow! Is that beautiful or what?" I finally uttered,  after getting hold of myself.

It was a magical morning.  The light, thin clouds (or was it smog?) was enveloping the entire city and I felt like I was on top of the world,  whisking me away from the real world.



(Note: All texts and photos are copyright reserved - Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails