May 30, 2010

SYDNEY - Take 2

Australia, Sydney Review  
 


By z_l3nG


Pancakes Rock!

Nah, we weren't on a gastronomical trip in Sydney, but an economical one.
Food in Sydney is costlier than in the US and the statement is based purely on my observation.

Nonetheless, we spoilt ourselves one evening by having this wonderful dinner at the 'Pancakes on the Rock' restaurant.



You don't have to guess what they serve 'cos it's so obvious - Pancakes.

We ordered one plate of pork ribs, a Thai chicken salad and a yummy-licious pancake for dessert.  We devoured everything (except the bones) and ended up with big bellies.

Now,  let the food be served.


(Top: The pancake is called the Devil for good reason! It's so delicious you'd be asking for more)
 
I can't remember all the names of the food we ordered, but does it matter?  

What matters most is that the food were absolutely scrumptious, every single bite of it. 

The huge piece of pork ribs was very well-marinated and the meat, Tender, which means you don't have to have razor-sharp teeth to tear the meat apart. 

Still, you need to have a good set of teeth.

The best is always saved for last, they say.  
Oh yes, the pancake was heaven-made. 

The ice-cream as the topping and melted chocolate spreading all over the pancake and fresh strawberries - Muah! A perfect combination.

(Note: A friend told me the Hurricane in Sydney serves to-die-for pork ribs. We found one at Darling Harbour, but the food is really pricey.)



On a Quest

To see koala bears!

I have this obsession for koala bears since I was very young.  The first time I saw it on TV, I told myself I Have to go to Australia one day. 

So, I was there. And my fiance brought me to Taronga Zoo! 

To get there,  we took a ferry ride from Wharf #2 at Circular Quay in Sydney.  

The ticket is priced at AUD49.50, which includes return ferry trip, entrance fee and sky safari (cable car ride).


 
(Top: Lady Northcott ferry took us to Taronga zoo)


The ride was an awesome one. We sailed passed some of the biggest landmarks in Sydney, such as the Sydney Opera House and the bridge. 



Oh, so cute!

Ta-Da! Adorable bears.

I had no luck with them that day for all three of them were taking a nap.
They slept in funny ways.
They looked like cute stuffed animals to me when they were sitting motionless. 



To see them, their captivity is on the immediate right at the entrance.
To see them upclose and even cuddle them, a fee of AUD20 is charged per person for 10 minutes.


Even cuter animal

The highlight of Taronga zoo, to me, is the Platypus.  
OMG, was that fella cute or what! 
It's small-sized and it looked like many animals combined.

Unfortunately, the place was dimly lit and there was only one platypus swimming in the tank, I didn't think it was possible to snap a photo of it.


Not-so-cute animals



For instance, penguins, sea lions, chimpanzees and gorillas, nocturnal species (some are really cuties, I must admit) and also the bird in the picture, plus so many more...which I can't recall.



On Taronga Zoo

One thing's for sure, none of the zoos in Malaysia can compete with Taronga zoo. Who are we kidding, right?

Taronga zoo was, I'd say OK, considering that the view was pretty amazing and, they house more variety of animals there.

Central Park Zoo in New York City, on the other hand, is rather small, but it was more fun!


 
(This is the view you can get from Taronga Zoo)


Do take note of this, the zoo's under construction when I was there, so you might want to delay your plan to go there.

I hope the zoo's going to have heaps of exotic animals after the expansion.

To get a map of the zoo, you can find it at the zoo entrance. 

Note that the ferry leaves every half an hour.





(Note: All texts and photos are copyright reserved - Z)

All Malaysian Bloggers Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails